Mr. Ibrahim Odunbomi, the Managing Director of the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), is barely four weeks on the job, but he is already making giant strides in office. Here’s a list of activities he has embarked on within this short period:
- Decentralization of operations into regions for effective and efficient waste management.
- Capacity building and empowerment for all PSP operators.
- Promotion and repositioning of sorting waste from source (blue box) to increase penetration.
- Litter control through partnership with LASPARK
- Encouraged Lagosians to engage their PSP, pay their bills, report infractions real-time via dedicated customer care lines: 07080601020 07056990660
If Odunbomi could achieve these in barely four weeks, it’s only a matter of time before he totally transforms the Agency.